Nanogen Fibers Dallas
Hair fibers are intended to provide a visual camouflage to your hair thinning by simple daily application. They can be used in many clinical scenarios: in lieu of hair transplant surgery, in combination with hair surgery to make a result thicker so as to avoid a second surgery, during times of active shedding, etc. Nanogen fibers in particular have a bipolar charge since some hairs are positively charged and other hairs are negatively charged. Therefore, the fibers bind to the hair shaft in a perpendicular fashion like tree branches on a tree making the hairs look much thicker than conventional fibers that don’t cling perpendicularly and just fall to the scalp. The patented kinetic strip further helps to electrostatically chargefibers to bind hairs 400% more tenaciously. Nanogen fibers are made of keratin fibers to match the look and feel of natural hair and to virtually eliminate allergic reaction, as opposed to other fibers made of silk, nylon, or cotton. With the unique color lock technology, the fibers will not leak dye into your skin if you work up a sweat at the gym or you get caught in the rain.
- An ideal candidate
- Male or Female seeking to camouflage their thin hair
- Hair-transplant patients experiencing postoperative shock loss and temporary hair thinning
- What to do
- We will help you match the color of the fibers to your hair color.
- Apply to clean and dry hair. Avoid using hair pomade or any other “waxy” hair product.
- You can also blend colors to match hair highlights.
- Apply lock-in spray to fix the product from coming out even with sweat or rain.
- An ideal candidate
- What to expect
- The results are immediate but are temporary and washed away whenever you wash your hair with a shampoo.
- You can also use the fibers to delay the need for hair coloring since you can easily cover your roots and never have roots shown with the use of this product.
I have heard of many types of fibers being sold. Why did Dr. Lam choose Nanogen fibers?
Dr. Lam has tried many products but Nanogen looked the most natural, provided the greatest density, and was not messy with flaking (like dandruff) or clumping as with other products. In addition, Nanogencould be locked into position so that you did not have to worry about the product coming out when wet.
Besides fibers, are there other camouflaging agents that I could use?
Yes, for those more seriously desirous of swimming, Dr. Lam offers a product NanogenAquamatch that can be applied to the scalp to make the hair appear thicker in appearance.
Should I use these products every day?
Because the products are not very expensive and so easily applied, many individuals choose to use these products daily. Others only use the product when they have a social or professional engagement that is important to them. As mentioned, still others use the product only when the hair roots start to become visible, and they want the roots covered until the hair can be colored again.
Can I use Nanogen after hair-transplant surgery?
Yes, the fibers could be used as soon as 10 days postoperatively (and thereafter). It is important not to use them the first week of your recovery in order to prevent any possibility of infection or compromise graft survival.